Biodentine hits more than 700 publications on Pubmed
Septodont, a pharmaceutical and medical device company, has announced that BiodentineTM counts more than 700 publications on Pubmed. The number of studies may be due to the researchers’ interest regarding all the benefits the product could bring in restorative, endodontic, and paediatric procedures.
BiodentineTM is based on Septodont’s innovative Active Biosilicate Technology™ platform. It is the first all-in-one dentin substitute offering bioactivity and outstanding sealing properties to fully replace dentin, both in the crown and in the root wherever there is damaged dentin.
BiodentineTM facts include:
- Ten years of research and development in Septodont laboratories
- A breakthrough new technology for dentistry
- State-of-the-art pharmaceutical manufacturing process
- Has high purity synthetic Tricalcium Silicate
- Used by two million patients
- More than 700 publications
- More properties to be discovered on regeneration by top experts
Some dental practitioners recommend using the material for atraumatic restorative treatment (ART) to minimise droplet and aerosol generation. The procedure is classified as minimally invasive and is a preferred treatment to avoid the spread of airborne virus particles.